Monday, May 7, 2007

Breathing

All afternoon I was stressing out about why I hadn't heard from the nurse yet about beta #3 from this morning and convinced myself that they called to give good news first and waited for the bad news calls, which was why she hadn't called yet. As much as I was trying to stay positive, all day has been spent worrying. Worrying, worrying.

But then I came out of my meeting, and there was the message on my phone. And the order of calls was clearly just something my anxious brain invented. Because beta #3 was 2837. Which is a doubling time of something like 35 hours.

I am overjoyed, and terrified, and cautiously so, so excited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In very sad opposite end of the lifespan news, my Grammy is in her last few days of life. She's at home, and has hospice care, and all of her children and my grandfather are with her. She's been so sick for so long and has been suffering so greatly. I am relieved that she is being released from her pain. But, oh, how terribly we will miss her.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay carrie!!!!! I'm SO excited for you, and also very sorry to hear about your grandmother, but at least she will be going to a better place and be at peace. Here's to things continually going your way, I'm sure you are just overwhelmed with (cautious) joy.

Natalie said...

Congrats on the great beta - hang in there on all the changes goign on for you.

megan said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. that must be so hard.

the good news is that is one sweet beta!
you're lucky you get a third one, as i have to wait now until my ultrasound on may 22nd!! i would knock someone out for another one. really, i would.
congratulations. that's an awesome number.

hammygirl said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Congrats on the great beta! Yay!

Ms. Perky said...

Holy Cow, that's an awesome 3rd beta! How many dpos are you? Totally, completely, amazingly awesome!

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope that she is able to find some peace, but I'm very sorry for the loss I know you'll feel. I lost my grandmother in August after a very long, painful struggle and it was very sad, but I'm so grateful that she's not suffering anymore.

Sarah said...

WONDERFUL!! i did the same thing worrying over call order, because my first couple were really early in the day, and then my last one wasn't until late afternoon. funny the tricks we play on ourselves. a good infertile is always preparing herself for the worst.

sorry to hear about your grandmother. it's strange when those circle of life feelings come at you when you're cycling/pregnant.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

WOW - talk about a rollercoaster. To have such wonderfully amazing news and terribly sad news at the same time in incredible. Make sure to take time out to breathe and find a little inner peace.

I will keep you in my thoughts!

Tara said...

Bitter-sweet times for you.

I'm very VERY excited for you.

And hurting for you at the same time.

JW said...

I'm so sorry about your grammy. Hugs x

And congrats on your awesome beta results! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful and sad news all at the same time. Congratulations on your test results and best wishes to both you and your grandmother.

ms. c said...

Great news about beta 3!
I'm so so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm thinking of you and your family...

Baby Blues said...

Congratulations on the great beta!

But it's sad to hear about your Grammy.

Nicole said...

It's so hard to lose a grandparent, no matter how timely it is. I'm sorry that you are losing a loved one.

On the upside, that's a great beta count! Whoohoo!!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on the great beta! Though I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Keeping her and your family in my thoughts.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog.

I just started reading your blog a short time ago and, though I know that you were taking at least clomid, I didn't realize that you got pregnant on your firt try with it (and only it.)

That is SOOOO good to hear - for you, of course (I am very excited for you!!) and it does give me hope. So, thanks so much!

Ali said...

I'm sorry about your grandmother--how very hard.

But what a great beta. That's fabulous news!