Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Here We Go

Though it's far from creative, "Here We Go" is the catchphrase for the Steelers (though I'm a born&bred New Englander, I'm now living in Yinzer-land). During football season, Here We Go posters are all over the place. In banks, on bridges, in the airport. Pittsburgh is nuts about the Steelers. Nuts.

And now, Here I Go.

Our RE appointment last week was great and she (Dr. K) gave us the all-clear to do our first monitored Clo.mid round. Only since my period is among the missing, I'm first inducing it with Pro.vera. I started the Pro.vera on Friday, and so far no side effects (I'm on it for 10 days).

Here's the thing. Yesterday, I started feeling a little crampy down in the ovary region and this morning my temp (yes, still temping. I don't know how to quit.) went way up. I know it's progesterone and can make my temps increase, but by how much? Can you ovulate on Pro.vera? Can it make you ovulate? Dr. Google has been less than helpful. I also observed some ewcm this weekend, but basically just ignored it (ha, who are we kidding, I stretched the hell out of it). And even though I wasn't supposed to have anything in my hooha for 2 weeks post-lap, I did insist on sex Sunday night, because, well, you just never know. I'll see if my BBs start hurting, which is a genuine O sign for me, but then again Pro.vera could probably cause that. I'm going to drive myself crazy over here. Maybe I'll call Dr. K in the morning.

The other issue is that I'm quickly realizing the timing is going to be all wrong for this cycle if my period doesn't arrive right after I'm done with the Pro.vera. I have to go to a work conference in California for 5 days, right in the middle of when I would probably ovulate if it's at all delayed.

So. Deep breathing. If not this month, then no harm in waiting a month. Deep breath in, deep breath out. I can't do anything about it anyway. In through the nose. I will get pregnant soon. Out through the mouth. (Can you tell I was at a yoga/meditation retreat this weekend?)

No comments: