Thursday, March 8, 2007

My new belly button

I'm taking a break from lying on the couch - believe it or not, you CAN get sick of bad movies and MTV and reruns. So I actually turned the TV off, put some music on, and am catching up reading blogs and ignoring my work email.

So the lap went well. REALLY well. Dr. My Age was in and out of my belly button in a half hour. Shot some dye through the tubes and miraculously it came out both sides this time. Maybe he used more force than the HSG? And there don't appear to be any adhesions and the hydrosalpinx is fairly small. Which is great news. I was so relieved.

One cool aspect of the surgery is that he gave me color pictures of my insides - I can see my ovaries, my tubes, my uterus. Not that I really know what I'm looking at, but my father-in-law, who is an OBGYN, came over last night and looked at the pics with us (and they brought chicken soup and made dinner and took care of me, which was really nice). My FIL did think that it looks like my tubes might be clubbed at the end, which may be a problem, but I'm trying not to think about that too much, since he's not our doctor and I'll just let our RE interpret the surgery report and pictures herself.

As an aside, my FIL has seen more of my body than anyone, except my husband. I'll have to blog sometime about when he had to admit me to a hospital for kidney stone surgery. K's least favorite story.

Anyway, I'm not in too much pain ( nothing that a little Advil can't fix), I'm tired, and a little uncomfortable, but mostly doing just fine. Enjoying the excuse to lie around and recover. And gaze at my new navel.

4 comments:

squarepeg said...

Excellent news! I'm glad your recovery is going so well. Now is it just a matter of healing before you can get started?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sarah said...

great news! happy lounging!!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad it went well!! And I'm glad you're not in much pain.

Tara said...

Good to hear that everything went well and you're getting the treatment you deserve while you recover.