Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CD 0.5

My clinic only counts CD1 when the flow starts before noon. So since it started at 1pm today, CD1 is tomorrow. But, oh, how glad I am to see her! It's ridiculous, isn't it? That I would be thrilled to get my period? This IF business really turns things upside down. I'm sure you other PCOSers know how I feel.

So this means I can actually cycle this month. For the FIRST TIME EVER. I have been waiting almost 2 years to take Clomid. Which also seems ridiculous. Ms. C describes the hell of IF-waiting really well in her recent post, and it's so true. Amazing how long it takes to get going. I think of all the friends who started trying way after me and are now playing with their babies. But I won't even go there. I'm trying to stay positive these days.

So hang tight. Saturday will be my first Clomid pill (50mg) and I have no idea what to expect. Maybe nothing. My body is not exactly cooperative when it comes to ovulating! And maybe something. Just maybe, there will be something.

8 comments:

JW said...

Maybe that will be all you'll need... hope so Carrie! Good luck for your cycle!

Mandy said...

So glad that you are finally able to join the treatment ranks.
Clomid is tricky stuff - fore-warn your husband and remove all sharp objects from the house! :-) If it has the desired effect, though, it will be well worth it!
Wishing you lots and lots of luck!

Sarah said...

congrats on getting started, and best of luck with this cycle!!

Baby Blues said...

Good luck Carrie! There's always overwhelming hope and excitement in getting a cycle started. Hoping that this cycle is the one. I'll be checking on you.

Anonymous said...

yea -- congrats on being able to start your cycle! i hope the Clomid will be all you need.
I haven't had any trouble with nasty side-effects on it, so hopefully you won't either!

Baby Blues said...

Thanks. You just made me laugh with your comment in my post. Now I'm making a list of things for Doubt to do, while on the last stretch. Hahaha.

ms. c said...

Hey Carrie,
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the reference!! I DO know how it feels with all the waiting.
I'm wishing you the best of luck with this first Clomid cycle.
one small suggestion: sit down with you wonderful man before you start the pills tomorrow and give him a run down on the possible side-effects. I'm hoping you don't have any, but if you do, it's best that you (and he!!) are prepared.
I'll be back to check up on you...

Thalia said...

I don't have PCOS so can't comment on if you will ovulate or not, but I will say taht all the horror stories about your mood on clomid etc didn't happen to me, I really didn't feel different at all!

Hope this works for you.