Monday, April 2, 2007

so far, so good, i guess

I've had 2 doses of Clo.mid and haven't erupted into crying jags or been bowled over by headaches and hot flashes. Yet.

I do have to get something off my chest, though. My very good friend just called. Last fall, she was emailing me about how she was frustrated that she was having a really hard time getting pregnant with number 3. She knows about what I'm going through. I totally sympathized with her, since I know secondary (tertiary?) infertility can be just as hard to deal with. It's been a while since I talked to her. Last time was before my surgery. She had just returned from visiting friends of theirs who have three kids, one of which was a newborn. I commiserated that it must have been hard for her. She demurred, changed the subject and I felt slightly blown off.

So she just called and it turns out she's 6 months pregnant with a girl (her other 2 are boys), due in June. She said she didn't want to tell me before my surgery. What the hell? Seriously?

And I'm so incredibly jealous. Especially since she also told me that they just bought a new house in a great school district and how they're going to buy a minivan, etc etc etc. I hate feeling jealous. I really really do. But I am green with envy over here. Ugh.
(Note: I don't want a minivan. I think they are hideous and tacky. But I want to have to buy one. I think you understand.)

I am really happy for her, and I know she's thrilled, and deservedly so. And she and her husband are wonderful people and great parents and I am really, truly, happy for them.

But I am so, so sad for myself. When is the magic wish-granting fairy coming to MY house?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can convince the fairy to visit your house, could you send her my way when you are done?

tipsymarie said...

If you see said fairy, send her my way. :)

Nicole said...

I will be your companion in sadness right now.

Anonymous said...

can you put me on the list for that wish granting fairy?
i think it's a little odd that your friend didn't want to tell you about her pregnancy before your surgery. i can't make the connection between post-surgery and okay to tell you she's pregnant....:) the jealousy is tricky to manage sometimes. a woman i work with just had a baby and i was feeling it a LOT last week...
i'm glad to hear that the clo.mid hasn't wreaked any havoc!

Sarah said...

totally understand about the minivan! it does suck that your friend didn't think she could tell you before. i hate feeling like people treat me like a special case in these matters. but i also think they actually are trying to be kind, they just don't know how sometimes.

sounds like your cycle is off to a good start. good luck!

Ann said...

Just remember that everyone goes through hard times in life--just at different times. Right now, your friend is on a "high;" someday, you will be receiving a visit from the fairy, too, and then others will be jealous of you!