Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Twiddling thumbs

Every OPK has been negative. Tomorrow morning I go in for a scan to see WTF, if anything, is going on in there.

I confess that I am a wand virgin. When I was diagnosed with PCOS, they could see the pretty little cysts from the regular u/s, so skipped the wanding part. And this is my first monitored cycle.

[Side note: Who coined wanding? I love it. It makes it feel magical. Like a fairy princess. If only sticking a wand in there would POOF make a baby.]

Last night, I was skipping around, singing "they're gonna stick a camera up there, doo dah, doo dah, they're gonna stick a camera up there, oh, the doo dah day." I did this while K was using mouthwash. Which he promptly spit all over the place, laughing at me.

But really. It IS sort of cool. I know it will not be pleasant, but it will be SO much better to have an inkling of a clue about what my ovaries are up to. I'll update tomorrow and let you know. My guess is that they saw the Clo.mid and LAUGHED at it. Bitches.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

After several experiences with the dildo cam, I have to say it wasn't too bad. I do enjoy looking at my organs up close afterall. Good luck on your future wand adventures.

ultimatejourney said...

I got to experience the wand after my dye test showed a slightly tilted uterus. The RE was worried that I might have a fibroid that was pushing my uterus off-center, but it turns out that my uterus is just tilted. Anyway, the wand was no biggie. I happened to have it done shortly before ovulation, so I got to see a nice follie. I found it fun to look at my insides, but I may be weird like that :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe if I refer to it as a wanding instead of a date with the dildo-cam, it would have a more magical effect!

Good luck, hope your ovaries are doing what they are supposed to!

JW said...

Its not too bad at all. The condom was the scary part for me the first time. I was laying on the table, no knickers, when my doctor standing next to me, proceeded to open up a condom! I was like HELLLOOO? WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? Good luck today!!!

Tara said...

I remember how horrified I was the first time I was "wanded". But I quickly got used to it. By the end I was a pro. It became so *yawn* no-big-deal.

Have fun looking at your insides!

Mandy said...

LOL! I was having a really bad start until I read your post!
You will grow to love wanding, however uncomfortable it is, for the mere fact that you CAN see WTF is going on in there!
Good luck!

Sarah said...

hahahaha!!! bumble's comment is TOO funny!!

in my experience (i estimate that's about 75,000 wandings), some are better wanders than others, but with a good sonographer it's almost never uncomfortable. and it's a great feeling getting to see what's going on in there. good luck!

Anonymous said...

i had my first experience with the wand on tuesday -- i have to say that i found it very exciting. it *is* cool to see all of your bits up close and personal!

Jess said...

Hope things work out today!

Wanding. hehehe....It's really not too bad. I'm sure it was fine. And it IS fun to see what's going on in there!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I think I'm always so focused on the screen and watching for things that I've never paid a lot of attention to the discomfort. It's not the best feeling, but it isn't as painful as some of the tests. But some of that is probably different for every person.