Wednesday, April 25, 2007

All that obsessing for nuthin'

So I forced myself to test this morning. I was so nervous and jittery. Almost spilled pee all over myself. Alas, no second line. White as bird crap. I still have to wait until Friday for the beta, but now that I know what the outcome is, I don't have to stress about it. And I can finally put my brain to better uses than wondering if I am smelling the popcorn in the office kitchen more intensely than usual.

And I'll be able to stop pushing those progesterone bullets into my vagine. And I can get outrageously drunk this weekend. Rockin'.

However, as someone commented, at least I know I can ovulate on Clo.mid. And that IS a huge accomplishment. My girls stepped up to the plate, and for that I am grateful.

As long as my follicles are behaving come CD3, I'm going to get my Clo.mid refill and start the next cycle. Let the games begin. Again.

9 comments:

Ann said...

I'm sorry it didn't work this time. But it is nice to have that stress off your back, isn't it? I think the middle of my cycle is even more nerve-wracking than the end of the 2ww, because I wake up every morning to take my temperature, my heart racing all the while because I'm afraid it's going to drop, which means I didn't ovulate after all. The things we put ourselves through to get pregnant!

Nicole said...

Awww, man, I'm sorry about the BFN. That bites the big one. Thinkin' of you.

ultimatejourney said...

Ugh, BFNs are the pits. I hope you're feeling better in time for a kick-ass weekend.

Anonymous said...

oh crap. sorry to hear of your single line. that sucks. onwards and upwards for your second cl0mid cycle! i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the negative test. Knowing you can ovulate on clo.mid is good news.

Sarah said...

i am sorry. i hate those stupid single lines. the only thing worse is that awful mindgame where you wonder if just maybe it could be a false negative.

i am not at all a fan of false hope, but 13dpo may still be too early. i'm glad you feel some relief from the waiting, but i'm still going to hope a tiny bit.

Kirsten said...

Sorry you saw the white but I've never heard it referred to as bird crap white so that was pretty damn funny! And, yes, it is a great thing that your ovaries are doing their job...now it's just a matter of time!
All the best : )

Kate said...

"white as bird crap"...love it! It describes the way it looks and the feelings about it perfectly.

Watson said...

Sorry to hear about the BFN...that just sucks the big one.

Can I hold out some hope for the Beta, though, or is that totally and completely annoying??

Wishing you well :-)