Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sadness with a side of eggwhites

Last night K caught up on the phone with one of his buddies from grad school who he hadn't talked to in a few months. And... (I'm sure you can already predict this), his wife is pregnant! Due in June! With twins! When K came downstairs after he got off the phone he just sat down and started watching TV without saying anything. I asked how his friend was, and he told me the news. I asked him if it made him feel sad. His eyes. They were so watery. We just held each other for a while. I think I sometimes forget that this affects him as much as it does me. Sigh.

On the bright side (warning: tmi alert), after obsessively checking cm the past week or so (we're talking close my office door so I can stick my hand down my pants obsessive), I observed a teensy amount of ewcm last night. Even called K into the bathroom to show him. See how insane this is? What normal person shows their husband these things? It's probably just an ewcm drive-by rather than the real deal, but I still get excited when I think my body is working anything close to normally.

No comments: