Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Twiddling my thumbs

I am trying to be a more patient person. But waiting for the lap so we can even begin to try seriously is just killing me. Plus I had held out hope (of course) that I would be the cliche who has to cancel the lap because she finds out she's pregnant just in time. But since I haven't even ovulated (read: bitter disappointment) that's obviously not going to be me.

But all is not so gloom and doom. Things that are happy:

1. My sister got engaged this past weekend! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to help her plan. Assuming she wants her bossy big sister's help!
2. Three of my friends had babies in the past week and all the babies are healthy. I really am happy for those friends, even though I'm also jealous.
3. Elephant fetuses (feti?).
4. India is cracking down on sex-selective abortion.
5. I'm going to Cancun with my in-laws at the end of March.
6. My in-laws are paying for it.
7. The deep freeze is leaving and it might be warm-ish this weekend.

Gosh, that list was a lot harder to compile than I would have thought.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

So excited that you found some happy things to list. Awesome that you are going to Cancun. And, thanks for the link to the elephant fetus, that was so cool.

Baby Blues said...

I hope your happy list grows longer every minute!
Hurray for vacations! Especially ones we don't have to pay for. :-)

Mandy said...

I know it is a real snooze fest waiting around like this.
It's always good to focus on other things, especially happy things.
I'm in 2ww at the mo, so I totally sympathize. This week has felt like eons.
Question: will you be okay to travel? When is your lap happening?